Guest Appearance on LePodcast
I recently talked with my friend Alexis Monville on his “LePodcast” podcast in an episode entitled “Leadership and Teamwork with Jeremy Brown”.
When I was a developer, you had these periods where you entered flow, and you could lose track of time. You were achieving and making something, and you just felt so happy.
- Jeremy Brown
In this episode, you will learn:
- How I ended up working on my passion,
- What leadership really means to me,
- How I tried to learn with my team in the crisis that we faced due to the pandemic,
- How individual incentives and rewards drive the opposite behaviour of what you want to bring when building a team,
- How to replace meetings, or instant messaging, with more asynchronous means of collaboration,
- How both of us miss the opportunity of connecting with people offered by travel, conferences…
- What gives or drains my energy, and my tactics to avoid these energy drainers,
- The importance of knowing yourself and knowing the people around you, learning to use personality profiles could be a good first step. Using the Clifton Strengths Finder is an example,
- How to provide helpful feedback,
- How to manage the relationships around you and make sure you don’t stay stuck with the wrong people.
If you think about trying to navigate through a forest, they’re the person that climbs up the tree and looks out over the forest and points you in the direction where you need to go. So I think that, typically, I would expect leaders to have a clear vision of where we are going and, perhaps more importantly, explain why we’re going in that direction.
- Jeremy Brown
You can listen to this episode on your favourite platform: Anchor, Spotify, Breaker, Google, Apple… or read the full transcript here.